BEAUTY: My favorites + Tutorial

14:58

Hi guys, I know it's been a while but today I'm gonna be sharing some of my favorite beauty items with you. On my dressing table, which I love deeply, I created one spot for the products I use almost every day. Those are my favorite products and I could create a simple, every day look with them or a more high coverage, flawless look. Today I'll be showing you the simple, quick and easy, every day look with mostly drugstore products. It's a bronzy, peachy and fresh look that's just easy and fun. I'll also tell you why I love these products. So yeah, let's get started, I hope you'll enjoy it! 



BASE
For the base of this look I'll be using the Max Factor Face Finity Primer, the Lumi Magique Foundation in the color N1, the Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer in 005 from Catrice and the L'oreal Infallible 24h Matte Powder in Warm Vanille. I've used the foundation and the powder for ages now and I just really like them. The foundation gives a nice, medium coverage, it fits me perfectly and I just really like how it looks on me. It looks just like skin, and the powder keeps it all together, gives it a nice finish. The primer I've been using a couple of weeks now. I can tell that it does help my make up stay on longer and it helps my foundation blend easier. I really like it, but the smell isn't too nice. The concealer is a new fave. It's really high coverage, though not as much underneath my eyes but definitely on the face. I've got a lot of redness in my face but this concealer covers it up so perfectly. It's also so easy to blend. That one is definitely here to stay.

FOR THE LOOK
I start with applying the primer in the hope my make up will stay on all day. I use two pumps and just apply it all over my face, slightly massaging it in. After that I take the foundation and apply a small layer all over my face with my Real Technique Expert Face Brush, I make sure to blend it all in nicely. Then I apply one more pump of the foundation onto the Real Technique Sponge and just even out my whole face so everything has a perfect and even finish. Time for concealer. I apply the concealer underneath my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, on my chin, around my nose and on any spots I might have and blend this in with the Real Technique Setting Brush. After that I set my concealer and my face with the powder. I take some of the powder on my brush and dab/swirl it all over my face. I take a bit of extra powder on my Setting Brush to apply a bit of a ticker layer underneath my eyes to stop it from creasing. I lightly swipe it away after a couple of minutes.



EYES AND EYEBROWS
For my eyebrows I use the Leco Eyebrow Powder in Medium Brown (I think) and the Rimmel Brow This Way brow styling gel. I really love this eyebrow powder, it stays on all day long. Sometimes all my make up literally disappears from my face, except from this eyebrow powder. It's so amazing. It has two colors in it, which is really great. Though the only problem is that I think this is a Dutch brand. It's really close to some Anastasia Beverly Hills product though, so if you want it then I'm sure you'll be able to find it there.

For my eyes I use the eyeshadow Kiko High Pigment Wet and Dry Eyeshadow in 18, the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara and the Max Factor Waterproof Eyeliner. I can't say other than I just have eternal love for these products. The mascara does a better job for me than any other mascara ever has. The eyeshadow is so nice and easy to apply, a lovely golden-peachy color for every day and the eyeliner is just an eyeliner that is made for my eyes.

FOR THE LOOK
I take an angled brush and dab it in the middle of the two colors, so I get a mixture of the darker and the lighter color. I first start with outlining my eyebrow from the middle to the end, to make it look sharp and clean, and from that I fill the eyebrow in. Then I dab my brush in the powder again, only this time in the lighter color. Again I start with outlining the beginning of the eyebrow and then fill the rest of it in. I do this lightly though, I don't want my eyebrows to be too heavy at the beginning. Then I apply the eyebrow gel all over my eyebrow to keep them in place.

I dab the eyeshadow all over my lid, from the inner corner to the outer corner, just all over. Then I apply a small layer in my crease and blend that out with a fluffy brush. I apply a line of eyeliner on my lash line, which sounds really easy but this is a struggle every day. And then I finish it off with some layers of the beautiful, beautiful mascara.



CHEEKY CHEEKS
For the cheeks I use the Benefit Hoola Bronzer, the Chanel 190 Angélique Blush, or a cheaper, more peachy option; Rimmel 190 Coral. These are totally different coral colors but both really fit the look. And the Mac Soft & Gentle highlighter. I literally love the Hoola Bronzer, but I don't use it as a bronzer, I use it as a contour product. I think it's the right color for me to do it with. I can't contour that well but I think it always looks quite nice anyway. It also stays on a long time. The two blushes are just amazing, I could literally use them for the rest of my life. I really love coral, peachy blushes, these are just so lovely and pigmented. And of course Soft & Gentle. A soft.. and gentle.. highlighter.

FOR THE LOOK
I take the brush that comes with the Hoola bronzer, make sure I don't have too much product on it and apply this on the parts where I think contour will work best for me. Literally I'm shit at contouring but I try every day, though. Once I've applied it I blend it out with my Zoeva 101 Brush because the contour always ends up a bit too harsh. If I made any mistakes, or just want a sharper line, I take the Setting brush and sharpen the lines with the L'oreal powder. What a professional I am. Then I apply, right next to my ear where my cheekbones start, a little bit more of the bronzer to intensify it all. After that I apply one of the blushes on the apple of my cheeks and slightly work in it in above the contour, and I make sure to blend it all together. Time to glow it up. I apply the highlighter with the Setting Brush on my the apple of my cheeks, the top of my cheekbones and the tip of my nose. Now I'm a glowy peach :).



LIPS
For my lips I use the L'oreal, hmm, let me google the name. Okay, the L'oreal Infallible Matte lips lippppppowder? in the color 001 Silencio and the Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Vanilla Pop. The L'oreal lip powder sticky thing is literally a lip product that I hadn't ever seen before. It's powdery and strange but I instantly fell in love with it. I don't really like shiny lips, or the feel of lipstick on my lips and I prefer a matte lip, and this just does that for me. I really like it but I do think that it's a love or hate product though. The 001 has a nice orangy color which looks perfect with this look and the Lancôme Juicy Shaker just takes it to another level. The smell that comes of this product is so great. I really love the Juicy Shakers, it gives just a sheer color to your lips and it feels so lovely. And come on, the packaging, a tiny cocktail shaker. How can this not be a favorite?

FOR THE LOOK
I apply the L'oreal Powder Lip product all over my lips, and then I dab the Lancôme one lightly on the center of my lips. I smack them together some times, move them around and all done.


I really hope you enjoyed this peachy, pinky cute summer look. Let me know what you think and also let me know if you like these types of posts so I could make them more often!

Love, Ilona

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

About Me

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images