JUNE: FAVORITE YOUTUBERS

15:13

My first 'monthly favorites'! Really excited about this. I have been wanting to do monthly favorites ever since I started but I just didn't start with it, didn't exactly know how I wanted to do it. But I finally figured it out. See, I'm not gonna do a monthly favorite on the same topic every month simply because I don't have new beauty favorites each month, or new favorite series to watch each month. So I'm just gonna change the topic every month, and if the routine of watching, or using or whatever changed, I'll just do another monthly favorite on that topic.

So yeah, let's get started with the YouTubers. I have to say, YouTubers got me a lot into makeup, they've taught me a lot of things, they inspired me a lot, and I just really, really enjoy watching their videos. And that means a lot coming from me, as I never thought I'd get into the whole YouTubers thing, but I did. And I'm happy with it. So here's the YouTubers that I've watched and enjoyed the most in the month of June.

I Covet Thee

Source: I Covet Thee


Channel description: "I'm Alix, writer of icovetthee.com and self professed makeup and cosmetics obsessive. My blog and YouTube alike are an outlet for all things beauty and fashion related with a little bit of my everyday life thrown in for good measure!" 

I Covet Thee, or Alix, makes videos about beauty, fashion and home related stuff. She uploads videos of hauls, monthly favorites, tutorials, new beauty launches, top fives and loads of other stuff. What I like about her channel is that, to me, her videos are extremely calming, her voice, the way it's edited and the music she uses is just all such a pleasure to watch and listen to. She also uses a mix of high end and high street beauty products, which I think is really nice as well. I can't afford all the high end stuff so it's good to hear about the high street stuff too. I also really like that we kind of have a similar face shape. After all, contouring on a smaller face is very different from contouring on a bit of a fuller face and watching her has taught me a lot on how to make up my face. Her channels and videos are also really personal, she doesn't mind to state her opinion on stuff or show pieces of her life, and I can really appreciate that in a YouTuber. Alix is definitely up there as one of my favorite YouTubers ever and this month especially was so good. She did ICOVETJUNE which basically means that she uploaded a video or a vlog every single day for the month of June. So sad that it's over, now she's back to her normal uploading routine which is every Friday and Sunday. My favorite video of this month is 'My MAC Neutral Eyeshadow Palette & Swatches', but really, they're all my favorite.


Estée Lalonde

Source: Estée Lalonde

Channel description: "Born and raised in snowy Canada only to find myself splashing around the puddles in London. I make weekly lifestyle/beauty videos with the occasional blathering tangent.
When I'm not falling in love with lipsticks, you can find me on my more personal channel (Everyday Estée), which features plenty of my handsome Greyhound, Reggie and handsome(er) partner in crime, Aslan. We love going for walks in the park, traveling, finding knick-knacks in markets and let's not forget about the food!"
Estée Lalonde is not your usual beauty, cosmetics, make up junkie kind of YouTuber. She doesn't just upload her monthly favorites, hauls or beauty routines and tutorials but also makes beautiful videos about life, struggles, lifestyle and fashion. If I would have to summarize her channel in one word then that would be 'Inspiring'. I really love her beauty and fashion related videos but I think I like her other videos even more. She's also great at presenting, if I watch her videos I don't see a girl telling the camera about all her favorite beauty items but I see a woman presenting and hosting her own little TV-show. It's really amazing to watch her and her channel has such a positive vibe. She makes videos on serious topics, made a video on body confidence, her quarter life crisis and I think it's amazing that she does this. Life isn't all fun and it's good to hear an inspiring person talk about that. I also love her 'intheworld' series, where she literally takes her viewers with her to go shopping for certain things. Her channel is very different from any channel I've ever seen. She does weekly uploads and my favorite video of this month is the 'Interior Design Shopping Guide' video.

BeautywithEmilyFox

Source: BeautywithEmilyFox


Channel description: "French Canadian girl that decided to share her love for anything beauty related!"

All the swatches, that's what Emily from BeautywithEmilyFox stands for. She literally would swatch all lipstick colors of a whole collection if that's what her viewers want to see. I think Emily could be best described as 'Dedicated Beauty Collector' because dedicated is definitely something she is. I have to say, Emily's channel is one that I forget to mention when someone asks me about my favorite beauty YouTubers, but she definitely is one of them. Her channel or personality may not be as outstanding as the two mentioned above but it definitely isn't any less great or inspiring. Her channel is definitely the one you should go to if you want an honest and complete review on a product before you want to buy it. Especially because she reviews a lot of drugstore/high street products. As I already said, she does loads of swatch videos but also a lot of reviews, hauls, first impressions and half/half reviews. This month she posted a lot of 'Decluttering My Makeup Collection' videos and those really show you dedicated she is and how much she loves her make up. Her channel is definitely so useful and you can really see in her videos how passionate she is. BeautywithEmilyFox uploads around 4 videos a week, four videos a week, and this month's favorite for me was her 'Decluttering My Makeup Collection 2016'.


Zoella

Source: Zoella

Channel description: -

How can Zoella, or Zoe, not be in my list of favorite YouTubers. I think Zoella would be on anyones list of favorite YouTubers. Zoe creates videos about beauty, lifestyle, fashion and just fun to watch videos. What I love about her videos that she's just really fun and energetic and watching her videos really gets you into that state as well. Her videos have that kind of 'feel good' vibe, if that makes sense.  I love her beauty videos, her tutorial and her monthly favorites but I also really, really love her homeware hauls, stationery hauls, her baking videos and everything related to that. She just makes a lot of videos that lay in my interests. There's not much more to say, if I'm honest. If you want to see a fun, energetic, honest girl with a great passion for every thing nice and cute then you should just watch her videos. I think Zoella tries to upload a video every week, and my favorite this month was 'Bronzed Nude Sumer Makeup Look'.


My Green Cow

Source: My Green Cow

Channel description: "On my channel you will find various videos ranging from planning, stationery hauls and unboxings, to videos where I get creative and show you the process from start to finish! I also pop up vlogs very now and again sharing my day to day life. I have a full time job running my two online shops, Daisy Mae Jewellery & Cloudy Cow.

Thanks for stopping by, Daisy x
"

Okay, so this one is a bit out of the beauty category that I had going on. But I've always loved my notebooks and stationery and recently I found out about the YouTube side of that. It's definitely a different kind of channel from the beauty channels but the videos are also very inspiring and fun to watch. Well, to me. My Green Cow does loads of stationery haul videos, unboxing videos, and creative journaling videos. As I want to start my own (bullet) Journal, her videos come in so helpful and handy. To me, it's really nice and inspiring to see people being creative and do something they're passionate about and My Green Cow's channel is no exception to that. Watching these videos make me just want to run to the nearest stationery store and buy everything I can find. Though, the Dutch stationery stores aren't nearly as fun as the UK ones, I can tell from these videos. I just really enjoy watching her videos and as I'm watching hers I always click further and further to different videos and different channels and get more inspired by every single one of them. I'm not sure if she has a schedule for when she posts videos but she does multiple in a month and the video I liked most this month was her 'June Brimbles Box, Unboxing! 2016' video.


I understand that this might not be interesting for everyone, especially the last channel, but I kind of wanted to show that there's a topic or a channel out there for anyone. YouTube is a great way for people express themselves and express their passion. If you have a passion and you haven't found anyone to share it with, just browse around on YouTube and I'm sure you'll find more people that are into that passion as well. I find it amazing to look at these young people following their dreams and doing what they love. It's so much more inspiring than sitting in a classroom, watching an overly bored and old teacher talk about some subject that you're not really interested in.

What are your favorite YouTube channels? Leave it in the comments below so everyone gets to check that one out as well!

Love, Ilona

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

About Me

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images