BEAUTY: Haul haul haul!

10:29


Hi guys, so this is it, the moment we've all been waiting for. The first beauty haul that I’ll share with you guys. Though it's a bit of a collective haul, I didn't actually go to one place and got all crazy, there are just gonna be a few (but exciting) bits I picked up throughout these weeks. A couple of weeks ago I went to Normandy in France and that's where I bought the most exciting thing I'll have to show. I actually visited a Sephora there, which is quite special since we don't have one in The Netherlands. Also I've been to Amsterdam and I picked up some nice stuff there as well. So, let's get going, I hope you'll enjoy!




Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
Let’s start with the thing I wanted most in life. The most exciting thing ever, for me. Too Faced isn’t a brand that’s sold in the Netherlands, unfortunately, so in general I was really excited to see this brand. But what I’d really give my life for was their Sweet Peach palette. I didn’t really had a good quality palette yet but since the moment my eyes fell on this palette, I’ve not wanted anything else. My first try was in Dublin, I went to a store that sells the brand, twice, but they apparently didn’t have it. Then I started searching on Internet, but the shipping costs were just too high in my opinion. So with this trip to France I saw my one and only change, all my hope was vested on this trip. I looked up the closest Sephora and visited it almost as soon as I got there. I walked into the store and there it was, waiting for me, the Sweet Peach Palette. I was in heaven.

Okay enough about my dramatic ‘How I got it story’, I’m sure you’re all far more excited to read about the actual palette. I have to say, it’s even better than I thought. Before I went to the store I was doubting if I’d get the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, or both, or just this one. But after one look on the Sweet Peach palette I didn't even think about the Chocolate Bar anymore. It’s absolutely stunning. The colors are so beautiful, rich and pigmented. There’s mattes, there’s shimmers, there’s the SMELL. I can’t really say it smells like peaches but it smells AMAZING. I can already tell that Georgia, Luscious, Candied Peach and Bellini are going to be my favorites, but there’s literally not one colour in the palette that I don’t like. Also the packaging, the tin, is so lovely and so colorful, it’ll look very nice on your dressing table. It’s a quite expensive palette but I think it’s a good investment. It has some nice neutral colors but also a couple of bolder colors. They’re easy to apply and easy to blend and I can just really recommend this palette to everyone. I’m absolutely in love. My friend Stanzy did an amazing tutorial with the Sweet Peach palette, it'll show you exactly the kind of soft and peachy look you can make with this palette. Check it out here




Benefit Benebalm in 'Rose'
In France I also bought the 'Do the Hoola' Benefit Kit. It's a kit with different kinds of small-sized bronzing products from the brand Benefit. What I especially loved was, not only the small sized Hoola Bronzer - very nice for traveling - but also, the Benebalm. A hydrating tinted lip balm in a sheer red color.  I tried this on and fell in love instantly. I love lip balms a lot and I also need them a lot, and the color is so soft and subtle, exactly how I hoped it’d be. It's definitely one of my new faves. Really nice as an every day lip color. 


Nocibé Matte Liquid Lipstick in '2'
Nocibé isn't a brand I'm familiar with. It's a brand that's sold in a French high end cosmetics store and I'm guessing that it's their homebrand. I've wanted a liquid lipstick for quite some time now but I haven't really been looking for it. Then I saw this one, kind of stumbled upon it, while I was visiting this store and I ended up buying it for it's pretty color. I reminded myself a couple of times that I shouldn't throw the packaging away because the name was on there and not on the product, but I think I've thrown it away anyway since I can't find it anymore. So the color is just 2, I guess. It's a mauve - red kind of color, deep but still light and subtle. I really like it but the only problem I have with it is that it needs a really long time before it sets, it stays wet for quite a while. It does have a really nice smell, though, so I'm quite happy with it.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine in '700'

I first heard about these lipsticks in a haul of a YouTuber and I got curious instantly. See, I really like lipsticks but the bold and hard colors are just not that nice on me. So when I heard about these sheer lipsticks I really, really, really wanted to check them out. I ended up buying the color 700, which is a nude - mauve color. It's really pretty and also quite buildable if you want it to be a bit more there. I really like this sheer lipsticks and I'm certainly thinking about getting some more. They're just nice and cheap and really easy to wear as an everyday lipstick. Especially this color.



Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in 'Light' 
I found a BB-Cream yay! Finding BB Creams that’ll work right for me is such a hard job. I kind of gave up on it but then I found this one. I had to try this on immediately and I’m really happy with it. It’s a really lightweight creamy product that applies really nicely. It covers up my red areas but doesn’t look like I’m wearing that much make up. Exactly what I was looking for so I’m really happy with it. I've been wearing it almost every day this past week and I'd recommend this product to anyone who's looking for a BB-cream!

Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer in '005 Light Natural'

I always feel a bit nostalgic when I'm looking at the Catrice counter. This is a make up brand that I'd always go to and buy from when I was 15/16 years old. They have so many new products now that look really, really nice so I definitely want to buy some more of that in a bit. But, first, the concealer. I've heard from my friend that this is a really good concealer so I just thought I'd give it a try. I bought this color, it's quite light but it still goes well with my skin tone. I really like this product. It's, like it says, extremely high coverage. Covers all the stuff I want, stays in place. A really good concealer that you should definitely try if you can get it somewhere near you!



Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara in 'Dark Blond'
I really wanted a colored brow mascara/brow gel for the days that I don't feel like doing my eyebrows so ever day, basically. I thought I'd try this one since it seemed really good. The wand is bigger at the beginning, has some kind of ball shape and then just a normal, small wand at the end. The color seems to fit me quite well but I have to say, there isn't that much product on the wand. I find this really hard to apply. I think it's because of the ball shape. When it does apply with enough product then it actually looks really nice. Then I can actually wear it just as it is. But since it doesn't give that much product it's not something I'd choose as my go-to eyebrow product, which kind of disappointed me quite a bit. Though it does look good, and gives a little extra when I put it on my eyebrows when I've colored them in.



The Body Shop Piñita Colada Shower Gel

Last but definitely not least. A tropical summer smoothie in the form of a shower gel. I had to absolutely try this. It honestly smells like summer in a bottle. The main ingredients are pineapple and coconut, which you can also just call; Ilona's favorites. I absolutely love these scents and together it's so heavenly. I can't say this enough. It smells absolutely amazing and in the shower it's just kind of a party to soap yourself with. It doesn't linger as much on the skin as I hoped it would but there's always still the body butter I could buy for that. Honestly, if you like these scents then you should definitely be on your way to The Body Shop right now, it's so great.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. Let me know in the comments if you're curious to try some of these products or if you want to have a more detailed review of it.

Love, Ilona

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

About Me

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images